Flightsbank is Strongly Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
Information we Collect from You
We receive, use and store information you provide to us while visiting Sites, including any information that can be used to personally identify you ("personally identifiable information" or "PII"). Such information may include your first and last name, your physical address, e-mail address, date of birth, geo-location, telephone number, and your billing information (including cardholder name, credit card number and expiration date).
If you purchase a product or service from us or register for any other promotional offer on the Sites, we may request certain additional personally identifiable information from you. Certain personally identifiable information about you is required in order for you to register as a member, book travel itineraries, participate in a contest, ask us a question, or for other purposes in connection with your use of the Sites.
In order to customize your user experience, prevent fraud and for compliance purposes, when you use the Sites, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID"). When you visit the Sites, we automatically collect your IP address, and web browser fingerprint. We may also collect information about your visit, such as itineraries viewed or searched and booking made.
We collect your location-based information for the purpose of customizing your experience and locating a place that you may be searching for in your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you the service.
We may share your geo-location data with third parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places (such as restaurants) in your area. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner, please opt-out by contacting us at care@Flightsbank.com.
How we Use Your PII
- To provide you with travel services or other products that you purchase from us, or to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- To send your itinerary confirmation, vouchers, or service related notifications.
- To communicate with you as our customer.
- To provide you with special offers regarding products or services that may be of interest to you from our agents, service providers or marketing partners.
- To solicit information from you.
- To resolve any disputes, collect any due fees.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- To prevent or recover any potential or actual losses resulting from or related to any suspect criminal activity including but not limited to fraud or identity theft.
- To improve our website and services.
E-mail Communications and Newsletters
From time to time, we may notify you via email newsletter of any changes or additions to the Sites, and new offers and products from third parties that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out from our email newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email newsletter you receive from us.
We will send you push notifications if you opt-in to receive them to announce special deals and to send you your itinerary. You may opt-out of receiving these at any time by going to the phone settings and turning them off.
With Whom we May Share Your PII:
- Third party vendors who provide corporate services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, credit card verification, financial analysis, a mapping service provider to provide a map of the location you are looking for or the location you are currently in, customer service, call center services, marketing services, contest organization and administration, and fraud prevention may have access to your personally identifiable information. Such third-party vendors have access to and may collect your personally identifiable information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share, sell, trade or use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow restrictive data security practices.
- We may access, preserve and share your personally identifiable information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share your personally identifiable information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. If the ownership or control of all or part of the Sites or our assets changes, we may transfer your personally identifiable information to the new owner.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are data files which can be stored on your computer's hard drive, if your web browser allows it. Our Sites and mobile application use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags and scripts for the following purposes:
- To enable us to customize your user experience with us, as well as the help customize ad content provided to you on other sites across the Internet. As an example, when you access a page on our Sites, a cookie is automatically set by us, our marketing partners or service providers to recognize your browser when you visit other websites and to present you with information and advertising content based on your apparent interests.
- To help research, test and measure our Site's features and offerings, advertisements and related email campaigns.
While most browsers include the option of preventing the browser from accepting new cookies, please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access certain tools and functionalities offered by our Sites.
In addition to cookies, Flightsbank may use Web Beacons and Local Shared Objects to monitor traffic patterns, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand if you were referred to us from an online advertisement, to help measure the effectiveness of our offerings and advertisements, to help us understand which emails from us have been opened and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site and mobile application.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information about you automatically and store it in our log files. This information may include, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and /or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We collect and use this information to improve services we offer you, to improve our marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
We may use Local Storage (LS) such as HTML5. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information.
If you reject cookies, you may still use the Sites, but your ability to use some features or areas of our Sites may be limited.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our Sites and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served generic ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number, date of birth, and/or geo-location data) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL, follow this link.
All of our secure servers use a high-grade encryption key (AES with 128 and 256 bit secret key). While the secure mode provides SSL encryption, pages will take longer to download. Most users choose to SIGN UP or sign in using standard mode to achieve quicker response time.
If you receive browser warnings when going from secure mode pages to non-SSL pages, it is most likely a warning that you are switching servers. As long as your data is entered on a secure mode page, it will only be transmitted to a secure server.?
We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personally identifiable information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us.
Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
If you are visiting our Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that your personally identifiable information and other information about you may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our Sites, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Access To Your PII
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer wish to use our services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support info@Flightsbank.com or by contacting us by telephone. We will retain your information (including geo-location data) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personally identifiable information to provide you services contact us at info@Flightsbank.com. We will retain and use your personally identifiable information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Sites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our blog or community forum, contact us at. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Children's Privacy Protection
Flightsbank understands the importance of protecting children's privacy in the interactive online world. The Sites are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, those under the age of 18. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information from anyone under the age of 13.
We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a travel product, but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference in our order form. However, we will still use your personally identifiable information to provide you with the services and products you purchased through our Site, including but not limited to sending you reservation and confirmation communications or vouchers.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication, or by contacting us at the address below.
You will be notified when your personally identifiable information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your personally identifiable information with that party.
Some of our Sites utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personally identifiable information to these third parties and not to www.Flightsbank.com.
You can log in to our Sites using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personally identifiable information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our SIGN UP form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
All the terms used herein are to be interpreted as defined under our Terms and Conditions.